Thursday, November 15, 2012

a few words with Cgak about Biceratops



For those of you who know me, know that since 9th grade I've been heavily influenced by the band Rx Bandits. Since then I've been able to watch my favorite band write two albums, each time surpassing all expectations I had. Members from Rx have numerous side projects that span genres and add to the arsenal of musicianship that these dudes hold. The latest of these side projects comes in the form of a rock/prog trio equipped with heavy cuts and tech riffs. Biceratops is Matt Embree and Chris Tsagakis of Rx Bandits and features Jaun Alderete of The Mars Volta and Big Sir. Chris was nice enough to answer the questions I bombarded him with about the upcoming release...

I know that these songs were jams that you've had for a while but, did you guys write a lot of extra stuff for the album? 
Well, the base of the songs were from jams, I wrote some synth parts over the jams, and of course Juan played bass on a few songs. Other than that, its just the parts from the jams.

Was it hard to find time to solidify those jams inbetween all the other projects you guys have goin on?
Actually, I solidified them my self on my home computer while my daughter was an infant, most of those jams were pieced together with my daughter sleeping near me or in my arm using my other arm to edit tracks. At the time we didn't have much else going on any way.

So you guys have played a couple shows but they've been pretty spread out, are you planning on touring to support the release?
We might do a few so cal shows, maybe a nor. cal. show, in fact, I wanted to talk to you about a San Bernardino show, other than that, we will be open to offers for touring, but have no plans for a full tour as of now.

Dude tell me about this 5 color lithogram that comes with the pre-order!!
The print is made up of 5 linoleum blocks I carved myself, printed on 11 x 14 bristol paper, Im prob gonna do a little youtube vid soon talkin about it, show the blocks and process a little

Thats rad! Just watched the video, did you guys do that yourselves? it looks awesome!
yeah, I did it all, shoot, direct, edit.

How long did it take to shoot?
just an afternoon

How are the pre-orders going?
I'm not sure how many presale are left, its probably pretty close to sold out. After that people can get the vinyl by itself or digital from itunes, both probably by the beginning of next month.

damn, awesome that you guys already filled those pre sales. cool. I'm Just gonna post it up then people can check out the video and what not. Thanks dude.
Fer sure, thanks man





No comments:

Post a Comment