Friday, November 2, 2012

Issue 2: A few words with JOE DED



For those who have never heard of you or seen 
your work, who are you?
My name is joe ded, others call me pontious 
perrywinkle, whatevers comfortable for you. 
im a mind full of masked mauraders that plague 
my thoughts. dancing their way from my 
subconcuois to the canvas, walls, bodys or 
paper..a napkin bandit.

Are you originally from southern California?
Yeah i manifested from a growth that was 
surgically cut off a diseased transient pervert 
and thrown in the dumpster behind a hospital in 
montclair ca. there i grew in to a model citizen. 
collecting jellybeans and wondering how frogs 
make love.i moved to denver for a stint then made 
my pillgramige back to the land of my birth.


Where do you draw inspiration from?
i draw my inspiration from the feelings inside my head or how i
might percieve the people around me or the enviroment  that
i live in, the things ive gone thru in the past, people ive known,
and of course my own sick thoughts!haha

What kind of concepts or themes do you see in your work?
i see alot of peoples madness seeping out of the entities i
paint, being purged of the demons that plague your bellies,
growth power, root, i have pieces themd with bondage that
may symbolize bieng bound by certain obstacles the tie you
down. evolution into a elevated mind state, sheddin the
wieghts from the past and rising up above them.

how long have you been painting and making art for?
i have been painting for ahwile now, dont know exactly how
long, aleast ten years now, its all a blur!!haha

did you have any formal training or a mentor that showed
you the ropes?
naw i didnt have any formal training i just went and made up
the things in my head and taught myself as i went along
and let my mind wander.

So you do a lot of live art at events around so cal...
yeah for the last year or so ive been painting around so
cal just doin the do

Have you always been able to paint quick and infront of people?
not at first, but my mind races a mile a minute! it was a skill i
aquired through experience, learned to mold the paint to my liking.

Also any events coming up  where we can check you out? 
yeah you can check me out at joe ded art on facebook,
ill be at the fox theater on nov 9th in pomona.
i'll be live painting on nov 10th at the ferguson gallery on 
2nd st in pomona also in nov 24th with all else fails at 
malones in santa ana you can always catch my work 
at rmr alternative solutions off melrose and wester in 
hollywood and athe ferguson gallery on 2nd st in pomona.

Anything else you want to add about the evolution of 
joeded or the future? 
just to keep a look out for my work and 

SPREAD THE DED





No comments:

Post a Comment